ZIWI Peak offers air-dried food made with the purest, most nutrient-packed ingredients New Zealand has to offer. ZIWI Peak can be fed as a topper, nutritious treat, or a full meal.
WHY WE LOVE IT
ZIWI Peak sources all of their ingredients from sustainable farms and uses only grass-fed, humanely treated livestock and wild-caught seafood. The ethical treatment of animals and New Zealand’s Five Freedom Principles of animal welfare remain at the core of the brand.
WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT
ZIWI Peak’s artisan Z-TWINTECH™ air-drying technique preserves nutrients without preservatives.
Air-dried food combines the best of both worlds with the convenience of kibble and the nutritional value of raw food. This means it’s easy to feed, offers peak nutritional value and can be safely stored for up to 21 months.
The air-dried recipes have a 95% digestibility rate and offer slow-release metabolized energy. This means you can feed your pet less while keeping them full for longer and each bag has a higher number of servings than your average bag of kibble. Plus, smaller portions means smaller poops!
“Superfood” has become a mainstream buzz word, but what does it mean for our pets?
A superfood can be either plant-based or animal-based. Ziwi PEAK offers both. Animal-based superfoods are easily digestible protein sources packed with essential amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. These meats and organ meats support immunity and heart health.
Plant-based superfoods are great if they can be easily digested by our pets. It can be difficult for cats and dogs to process cellulose, a naturally occurring source of fiber in many vegetables. ZIWI Peak uses sea vegetation like kelp, which are lower in cellulose than many land-grown vegetables. This allows your pet to get all nutritional benefits of vegetables, minus the tummy troubles.
THE Z-BOOST SUPERFOOD BLEND
The patented Z-BOOST superfood blend included in every ZIWI Peak recipe offers the ultimate nutritional boost. Every meal contains at least ten percent superfood content from a range of animal and plant-based ingredients.
COLD-WASHED GREEN TRIPE
Tripe, the nutrient-rich stomach lining from grass-fed lamb, beef or venison is packed with probiotics and digestive enzymes to support optimal digestion. Pets love the taste and it’s a great option for sensitive tummies.
Rich in vitamin B12, zinc and iron, this highly digestible protein is a great source of taurine, an amino acid that is essential for cats and beneficial for dogs.
NEW ZEALAND GREEN MUSSELS
This sustainable seafood ingredient is a potent source of glucosamine and chondroitin and omega-3 fatty acids. It supports long-term joint, skin and coat health and has overall anti-inflammatory properties.
Kelp is full of bio-available minerals like iodine, which helps maintain metabolism and can even help eliminate fleas and skin irritation. It’s also full of immune-boosting antioxidants.
WHO SHOULD EAT IT
While ZIWI Peak offers peak nutrition for most pets, it’s also a great option for picky or sensitive pets that need a little extra attention when it comes to food.
Picky eaters tend to love the chewy texture and meaty taste of air-dried recipes and the 95% meat content is great for pets who are sensitive to carbohydrates. The remaining 5% is packed with essential vitamins, minerals and superfood ingredients like kelp, parsley, chicory inulin and lecithin to boost overall wellness.