Every year, us humans promise to eat right, work out and de-stress. But what about our pets? They need lifestyle changes too, and our help to stick to them. Here are all the ways you can help make this their best year yet.
2022 WELLNESS GOALS
1. BALANCE THEIR DIET
- Take our Food Finder Quiz for a recommendation that fits your pet’s unique needs
- Learn how to build a food bowl using different ingredients
- See why you should rotate new foods into your pet’s meals
- Be mindful of your pet’s meal and treat consumption. Maintaining a healthy weight is a key element in their wellness
2. MAKE DAILY WALKS A MUST FOR DOGS
- Exercise offers your dog mental stimulation, muscle tone, joint health, a healthy metabolism and more. Not to mention how much they’ll love the time spent together
3. FIGHT GUM DISEASE WITH WEEKLY DENTAL CARE
- Daily brushing helps eliminate tartar, prevent dental disease and protect your pet’s overall health
- Drop in to get their teeth brushed or add it to a grooming appointment.
4. GIVE YOUR PET BETTER QUALITY OF LIFE WITH SUPPLEMENTS
- Supplements and superfoods can ease and prevent many problems. Check out our wide variety of supplements to offer your pet some extra love and support
5. MAKE TIME FOR PLAYTIME
- Stock up on toys and try daycare for socialization
- Interactive toys let pets entertain themselves
- Play gets your pet moving for exercise, strengthens your bond and reduces many behavior problems
6. BRUSH THEIR FUR BETWEEN GROOMS
- For cats, frequent brushing reduces hairballs
- For dogs, it reduces shedding and painful matting
- Taking time to brush is a hands-on way to show your pet just how much you love them
7. GIVE YOUR DOG A NICE MESSAGE
- It eases any aching muscles, especially for older dogs and cats
- Beyond pain relief, massage can help reduce stress and anxiety, increase circulation, and strengthen your bond
8. TRAIN YOUR DOG TO PERFORM BASIC COMMANDS
- Commands like sit, stay and down make it easier to socialize with other dogs and new people.
- Try one of our Training Classes.
TRAINING IN 3 STEPS:
1. Incentivize: Have a treat or toy in hand to spark their interest
2. Command: Clearly state an action or word, staying consistent with the phrase and hand motions you use each time
3. Reward: Positive reinforcement with treats will keep your pet motivated to keep up the good work
- Grooming not only makes for a happy, fluffy, smell-good pet. Regular grooms help keep them healthy, clean, and safe all year long
10. QUALITY TIME
Don’t forget to set aside regular “me and you time” with your pet. Adventuring together will keep them feeling close and well loved.
Check out our events page and stop by your local store with your BFF!